Parents trying to get their pregnant teens on welfare.......

ok i work in an office full of women not that big of a deal but one of the ladies daughters is pregnant and 18,a little young but still not that big of a deal, lady A (the lady with the 18 year old im not gonna name names sorry) is telling her daughter to get on food stamps and welfare and WIC JUST so she can stay at her house. me and lady A were talking at lunch today and i asked her why shes trying to get her daughter on all that, this is what she said "her, her boyfriend, and the baby will be living at my apartment, along with me and her uncle, when she lived with me before it was hard enough to feed me her and my ex boyfriend, im just trying to help her out so the babies dad will be able to have a little leeway to find a job and start helping to pay for rent and ultimately getting their own apartment"

i mean i understand the daughter wants the babies dad to be around, but why cant he stay where they live now instead of making other people pay for their little mistake.....why not just let the daughter come live in the apartment and tell the babies dad to find a job before going to live with them....i dont want to pay for another teens fuck up...i dont know who actually wants to to be honest

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• She's 18 she would qualify for all those benefits regardless, its good advice from lady A
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 5:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i agree with yu .
    mrzshanteb23

Answer by mrzshanteb23 at 5:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't call a baby a "little mistake", lol.  Lawdy, let the bashing begin for that one, ha ha!  Okay, back to the question, I agree.  He should stay where he is until he gets on his feet. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sounds reasonable to me!! why do you care anyway?
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 5:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think wic is a great thing to be on FORMULA IS SUPER EXPENSIVE and if she going to be living wiht mom foodstamps will really help her mom in feeding all those mouths
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• And medicaide that would be SUPER helpful!
    kylansmommy09

• why do i care? because the money going toward those things are coming out of our pockets (people who actually work instead of sitting on our ass....and yes i know some families are on welfare and work those im ok with)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree that he should stay where he is until he finds a job and gets on his feet. But, I also don't see anything wrong with getting assistance for a short period of time till they are able to get on their feet unless they have family that can handle the financial hardships that will soon come their way with a new baby.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 5:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Why would them looking for help with an unexpected pregnancy be a bad thing?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i dont know who actually wants to to be honest

i will be honest. first of all i dont see anything wrong with what lady A is doing. even if boyfriend didn't live there chances are the teen mother is still going to need to apply for atleast WIC. did you know how low the WIC standards are? WIC is so easy to receive that even most Military families receive it. regardless, all of those benefits are going to support the child. do you have a problem with babies being clothed and fed?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011