• In the Spotlight:

Should I be worried?

I haven't eaten anything red at all. Twice today I've had BMs and the stools were mostly light red - no bright red blood that signals ongoing bleeding, but this isn't normal. I've had intestinal irritation last few days - which is kinda typical for me, but this is weird... any clues?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• The only thing I could think of I ate that might be a problem is two days ago I had dragon sauce on a Genghis Grill bowl... there is no food coloring in it, but there are crushed red peppers...
    Anonymous

• Once i ate these energy caplets that were red and my bm was so red i was scared too. So meds with red dye could also cause it. Plus a little bm bleeding may be rel normal, but i would see a doc if it continues for more than one day or starts to look black.
    infor2

Answer by infor2 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2008