Do your kids like coffee?

In moderation of course..My dd is 9 and she likes to have coffee diluted with milk. She doesnt have it often maybe only once every 2 or 3 months. One gorgeous morning she said, "Come on mom lets go on the porch swing and have a cup of coffee!"

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 5:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My kids try to steal my Starbucks every chance they get, lol. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my kids love coffee, in moderation of course...they would drink it daily if I let them (or let daddy give it to them)
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 5:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My son likes to take a sip of my coffee every morning. It only has half n' half. Can't be worse than Coke..
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My youngest loves the taste of it. "Kyle, what do you want for breakfast?" "Biscotti and a latte!" Three weeks ago, he was stung by a scorpion and was in the hospital. The venom caused a taste in his mouth that made him think that everything tasted like bubbles, so he wouldn't drink water. They needed him to be drinking on his own before they could remove the IV and discharge him, so the nurse was giving him decaf lattes one after the other. It was the only taste strong enough to mask the soapy taste from the venom.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• One gorgeous morning she said, "Come on mom lets go on the porch swing and have a cup of coffee!"

BTW, ^^This^^ is really sweet.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have never given it to my dd but she is very curious about it.. She is 4 and would love it if I gave her some!! I just give her hot chocolate for now. My mother gave it to us with our breakfast in the mornings before school.
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 5:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No =)
    bzbmum

Answer by bzbmum at 5:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• She's had a few sips before (she's only 2.5, but she loves to taste everything adults have, so we let her take a sip now and then). I think her eyes got huge and she said "eeew" lol. If she's like me, she'll be a coffee addict by the time she's a teenager :(
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Both my kids love coffee. My son is 17 and daughter is 11. Although my daughter gets it on rare occasions
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes, my DD has been biting at the bit to drink coffee for a few years now. Once in a while, I will allow her to have a mocha but do not encourage it because she has enough energy and I do not want her to become like me - very dependent on my morning coffee!
    mrs_dybdahl

Answer by mrs_dybdahl at 6:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011