Anyone NOT post their children's pictures on the Internet? Private doesn't count. I mean at all??

If so how do you handle birthday parties? We don't want our daughter's pictures posted and we have a huge 1st birthday Sunday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• We have made it clear our kids are not to have pictures up on any social sites.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i have friends and they specifically tell you not to post there childrens pictures

kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm just not clear on what birthday parties has to do with anything... You mean of other children? I would hope they would respect the wishes of the mother. I know I would.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I respect your decision but I'm wondering what your fear is.

pookiekins~are your kids school age? Our school posts pics of the kids on the school website all the time. How do you adress the school not taking pics of the kids?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have had discussions with the teachers and principal. I am not the first parent to make such a request.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Gotta love your paranoia!

I have news for you, if someone else takes pictures, they own them. You can NOT stop them from posting them online unless you copy write your child's image and ban everyone from taking photos...
    Anonymous

• i think it is totaly normall to not want your kids pics up there are so many offenders out there pretty scary!!!! i do post pics lots of pics i think its my generation :p
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Posting anonymous is not paranoia?
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have to sign a waiver saying they can take our childs pic. THe only problem is if you say no then they cant be in the team pic for sports, or get their pic taken with their science project or on field day. Our teacher takes pictures often and puts them on the class newsletter so we can see the silly masks they made or all of them holding up their craft project. I have never thought about kids sitting out while that is done I jsut assumed they gathered the whole class for the pic.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• @ ria7 i know at my son school at the beginning of the year they send out a permisson slip where we can either approve or deny permission ....me personally i am on the fence when it come to posting pictures.
    mztxdelta

Answer by mztxdelta at 5:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011