Comprehensive Sex Education or Abstinence Only Sex Education??? adult content

I am doing a research paper on this subject. Comprehensive Sex Education just means that schools would be able to teach about safe sex, contraception, etc...versus teaching Abstinence Only. Reason's for your answer? Feel free to answer anonymously...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I believe that sex ed should be left up to the parents ONLY. Our government should butt out!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• in my school i was taught both. they taught us about sex and the reproductive system and all that, but also stressed how important it is to be abstinent. i think its best that way, because it is good to be educated about both.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i would rather teach safe sex instead of them guessing and getting a disease or becoming prego/father
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Comprehensive Sex Education, for me. Kids will have sex when they want to. We can shove there head with so much wait till your married or a lot older blah blah blah. I would rather my kids know about birth control if they choose to have sex. I rather be happy knowing that they know about safe sex then nothing about sex.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Abstinence doesn't work. Period. That was the premise of "True Love Waits"... FAIL.

I believe that if properly informed, kids will make better decisions. The same % are going to have sex regardless of what they are taught- it is unethical to give them misinformation, or none at all.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

thats why they hand out permission slips. you can choose whether or not to let your child attend the sexual education class.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree that abstinence does not work. Mother nature is pretty fucking strong & when people get those horny urges, promising to be abstinent RARELY works.

I vote for comprehensive sex education FOR SURE!!Q!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• "Abstinence doesn't work. Period. That was the premise of "True Love Waits"... FAIL."

And sex ed does in schools does? Is that why we have tv shows called 15 & pregnant?

Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 5:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• They should be informed. Sex is not something to be made out to be evil. Anything my parents told me as a child was evil (pot, alcohol, sex) was guaranteed to be tried at least once.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• "I believe that sex ed should be left up to the parents ONLY. Our government should butt out!"

That is part of the reason we have so many teen pregnancies, because some parents are too dumb to talk to their kids about sex & the consequences it can have. Schools have to teach it to make up for all the shitty parents out there who do not teach their kids about sex.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011