Babies after Mirena

I had my Mirena IUD removed on 2/4/11 and I would like to become pregnant, but how long after the removal can we conceive? We have been trying since about 2 weeks after.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• i have heard that it can take up to a year.

After mirena, your uterus is thinner than usual. Once it is taken out, the uterus wall begins to thicken up again. This can happen in a few months, or it can happen in a few years depending on a lot of factors. If your uterus is too thin, it will most likely reject an implantation because the walls would not be thick enough to support it.

I would not get too excited about getting pregnant real quick. It could take a couple months, it could take a year...but hopefully no longer than that...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i had mine taken out in jan almost feb got preggo in march it just depends on you
    heatherfoutch

Answer by heatherfoutch at 5:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

lol. My good friend had hers removed after one year because she was having hormone issues and nausea...yeah... she was 9 weeks pregnant! Oops! call your ob and get their recommendation, I'm surprised they didn't tell you.
    Anonymous