It can't be a migraine, it just can't! What do you think?

I had my first migraine when I was 7 years old. I thought I was dying!! Since then I get them quite frenquently. Nothing that other people do to cure theirs helps me. They say cold compress, but if I use that it gets worse so I use warm or hot. They say caffiene helps, for me it makes it worse. They say Tylenol is the best for it, for me it's Aleve and I think that is because it has anti-inflammitory in it. You name it for me it's the opposite!

Geminus

Asked by Geminus at 12:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• Immitrex....I think thats what its called...I know theres some med you inhale that works fast. go to the doc and get a rx.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:12 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• EVERYONE Please make sure to read my journal post so you can read more about what I am asking and why since they only allow a short question here.... http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1311026/History
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 12:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• My doctor gives me MAXALT for my migraines. I am allergic to Imitrex and did not like the way it made me feel. The Maxalt was the best thing for me. It is an instant dissolveable tablet that you place under your tongue the minute you feel the headache/migraine coming on. I like it.
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You may also be suffering from a severe sinus infection, or a pinced nerve in your neck or spine. I hurt my shoulder moving furniture, I had major migraines for months due to pinching a nerve. The same with sinus's- they run from your face down parts of your body. You may want to consult a different doctor.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 1:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Caffeine?!!!! I know one thing, I was diagnosed with migraine when I was about thirteen and caffeine has always been a major trigger for me, especially recently! I love coffee and I still drink it, but I suffer for it! Don't eat foods like cheese and chocolate, dont drink caffeine and try taking some simple co-codamol. I try not to take any painkillers and just have a nap in a dark room instead, because you can build up a resistance to painkillers and they stop working for you, theyre also very bad for your liver and kidneys! Keep yourself properly hydrated too, being dehydrated can give you bad headaches too, you might think you're feeling a migraine coming on when really you're just dehydrated, this happens to me sometimes. Im afraid I cant offer any other advice! just good luck! x
    Rozee830

Answer by Rozee830 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I was told by my neuro that Tylenol makes migraines worse. He put me on magnesium supplement. 400 mg of magnesium daily, either from magnesium sulfate or magnseium oxide (I take the mag ox). It helped somewhat. You might try it--it might work for you.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:58 AM on Nov. 27, 2008

• Oh, Gods. I know how you feel.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 10:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2008