Shy......

i am to shy to go to the gym i even feel embarresed useing my ab circle when anyones around sometimes even while im alone!

how do i get out of this? i need to lose 15 or 20 lbs!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Try walking around the neighborhood a few times a week. You don't have to attend the gym to get great results. No one is going to see you exercise while you're alone- so there is absolutely no need to feel self conscious about anything.
    Try walking and see if that isn't something you enjoy. It helped me loose lots of weight.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• what is making you shy.. just know that everyone at the gym is there to workout you are all there for the same thing most people are in the zone and not even paying attention to ppl around them
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 5:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• First of all, the PP is right, start walking every day, also the people at the gym generally aren't paying ANY attention to what anybody is doing.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 5:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Maybe taking a class will break you out of the shyness!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i love walking i walk to work everyday about 4 blocks but now its getting so friking hot!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• When I used to go to the gym I never paid attention to other people, I was too busy working out. If youl like the gym, go and don't worry what others think. Chances are they are too busy working out to even notice you.
    Charizma77

Answer by Charizma77 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• People are generally too wrapped up in what they're doing to be staring at you. What exactly are you worried about? I started going to the gym around 130 lbs overweight, and frankly, I was there for me, not for the other people there. There are lots of exercises you can do that don't include your ab circle if that's the big embarrassing thing for you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:30 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• well i have a bad anxiety problem and honestly i am paranoid all the time i have never been to the gym...never been to a club or bar never go out to eat for fear of someone looking

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:53 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• set little goals and make them longer every week soon enough you should feel more comfortable
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:08 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Why not work out at home? Get some DVDs and some weights.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 11:15 PM on Mar. 25, 2011