Ss card replacment.....

anyone know if i can do order one online? or do i physically have to walk into an office to get a new card? cuz i dont even have a California ID yet and if i can just order it offline it would make my life a billion times more easy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• You have to go to the office to get a new one. You can report your lost or stolen online only.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• you need to do it in person
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• In person only.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• damn -.- will a school id work there? or do i have to go get a california ID first, i need my ss card for wic, and food stamps where im at and i cant just write down my number even though i know it by heart :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I think you'll need both your birth certificate and your state I.D.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• -.- well that just makes my life a little harder since the DMV near my house closed down....i have to ride the bus 2 hours away just to get my ID how dandy >.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You have to go in person, and bring ORIGINAL documents. They will not accept copies. I learned this when I changed my driver's license and had to bring in my marriage license to prove I had changed my last name.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 6:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well i have my original birth certificate, i just have to go get my state id now i guess
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It's a good idea to get it anyway, legally you're supposed to have it on you at all times, and it makes it easier to open bank accounts and do other business. I know it's a hassle to get all of the stuff, but you'll be glad you did.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• you have to go to the local office and apply for a new one
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011