YOUNG MOMMY TO BE AND NEEDS ADVICE PLEASE**

Hi everyone, I'm a Newbie!! I kinda need a little bit of help, heres the story... I'm 18, I live with my amazing boyfriend who is 22, I have a great job, my own vehicle, I've already graduated with honors, I've always been very mature and responsible!! I just found out that I am pregnant and I couldn't be more excited!!! But I can't tell hardly anyone yet... See my parents are VERY STRICT people. They wouldn't care if I was a millionaire they will still freak out when they find out I'm pregnant!! My parents are my world and I don't want to disappoint them, I want them to be excited but I know they are just gonna be so mad!! How in the world am I going to tell them?? Can u guys please give me some advice!! I could use it!!

**EXCITED && SCARED**

DixieGirlly

Asked by DixieGirlly at 12:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Congratulations. You sound like your stable in your life. I believe that if your parents really love and respect you as a young adult they will stand by you. 18 is VERY young to have a child. I was 33 when I had my first. You're parents want you to experience life to the fullest before being "bogged" down with a family. It is a very BIG responsibility that NO ONE can prepare you for. Just be honest and forward with your parents. Best of Luck!
    busybee68

Answer by busybee68 at 12:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• They might be disapointed and mad but they'll get over it. The anger will be replaced with joy and anticipation.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You are an adult. They should realize this. How old were they when they had you? All that matters is your happiness, and I hope you realize the big step you are about to take. Maybe for Christmas, wrap up a bib that says "I love my grandma/grandpa". Never know, they might be so happy to become grandparents. But I wouldn't wait much longer. The longer you wait, the harder it will be for them to take(honesty). Good luck!!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 12:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I wouldn't avoid it... I've been there, I was married but I was in college. I had to quit school, put it on hold... whatever b/c it was a field that I could not do while pregnant. I had to break the news to my parents which was extra hard b/c they helped me get started with school. My Mom was shocked and upset for a while. My Dad just has always been kind of a jerk, so it was to be expected. I had to get the courage up and just do it. I told my Mom flat out and let her cool off and call me back. When she did she was a little upset about school but the farther I got the happier she became... then when he was born she loved him!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Cont
    Since then, we've had a stillborn which was dewvasting to the family and now we're pregnant again. So after the loss, we had to tell them all over again... it was hard but now they are so excitied b/c it's a healthy girl! I still haven't went back to school but I'm still young! They are proud of me for having a wonderful husband and a nice family... Parents get over things, so just tell them!
    AshJoe05

• You have to tell them the truth. Not doing so will be more devastating in the long run.

And you may end up being surprised. But above all, the truth will set you free.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Congrats! First of all, your parents WILL be mad when you tell them, but most likely they will get over it and eventually be happy that they're going to have a grandchild. If they don't, then you have to remember that ur baby is now ur #1. The baby & ur boyfriend are your first priority in life.
    Anonymous

• You are basically married to the guy so I don't know what the problem is. I am sure they don't expect you to live together and not have sex and I am sure they have thought about the possibility that you may get pregnant one day. Just be up front and honest. trust me, once the shock wears off they will be pretty happy about this. Just be patient and don't push them, they will see on their own that this is a blessing not only to you but to them as well. Congrat's! It sounds like you and your BF are very responsible young adults. You and your man will make fine parents!
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 12:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You never know what will happen. I thought my mom was going to be soooo mad, but she was actually happy! Just be honest with them
    newmommy1201

Answer by newmommy1201 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Hi! So, I was fifteen when I had my first baby. MY family was really mad at me, but I think four years later they wouldn't see it any other way. Now that I'm pregnant with my second I was certain I din't want to tell them lol but seven months into the pregnancy they've figured it out, they're more supportive then the first. It's weird. I think that your garaunteed to get some sort of extreame reaction whether it's good or bad, but eventually it'll even out and it'll all work out just fine. :) Good luck and congrats!
    yourmarkgirl

Answer by yourmarkgirl at 1:08 PM on Nov. 26, 2008