Pregnant on the mirena!!!

Have you or anybody you know gotten pregnant with the Mirena?

ChloesMom030509

Asked by ChloesMom030509 at 6:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes....i got pregnant after having my IUD in for one year and had a perfectly normal pregnancy and gave birth to my 4th son last April.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No not personally. However unless it is rated 100 effective someone has become pregnant using it during the trials. If it is 99% effective that means that 1 woman out of every hundred has become pregnant while using it, 10 in a thousand, you get the math. And that's every month.
    If you really don't want to get pregnant right now then double up.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 6:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i did....major problems at five months the baby was only the size of two months and they said if i dont miscarry then it would be still born or have alot of problems i waited to see if things would look up but never did finally the doctor told me "if i were you i would seriously consider aborting" against my beliefs of course but at six months they told me if i go on with the pregnancy then it would be my last child....thats the things they did not tell me when i got it i could have died or not been able to have children or have a still born so i thought about it and got advice from everyone i knew even cafe mom and did an abortion the good thing about it was because the baby was so underdeveloped and its heart beat was barley there no movements nothing (i got an ultrasound right before) so they gave me a medication and they said that because of the condition of they baby it would i guess you would say "pass " before the d
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• the d&c and we checked and that was it i went through about a year of depression..............and i was 18 at the time
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 6:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• LIKE I SAID ABOUVE I GOT PREGNANT WITH MY 4TH CHILD AFTER HAVING AN IUD IN FOR A YEAR. I HAD A PERFECTLY HEALTHY PREGNANCY AND A HEALTHY BABY BOY LAST APRIL. If you are pregnant, i would get to a dr. asap to have it removed.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Only on CM have I heard of this.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Its useless to try to say things to women who have there own belief but when I had mine and got pregnant they didn't warn you ass they do now that it can cause loss of pregnancy death and loss of fertility among other things....I am still ttc after it and this happened three years ago.
    cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2011