Do you ever visit an Amish community and buy baked goods, furniture, baskets, etc. from them?

Ruthmom802

Asked by Ruthmom802 at 6:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Yes, and it's the best! They have really good quality stuff, and they are always so nice. I love learning about how they live, it's so different from anything I've experienced..and its fascinating.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I did back in college. I would by bread every week from an Amish family at our local farmer's market. We use to also stop at their road side veggie stands too. They would set up there veggies at the end of their drive way and you put the money in a little box - honor system. Gosh, I miss those days.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes. We have several stores that are run by them. Good places to buy cheese, home made breads, jams, and all kinds of goodies.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If there was one around that i knew of.. (live outside of houston)..
    The Amish have always seemed amazing to me for some reason.. and to think about how whole their food is.. MMMmmmm!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• When I lived in NJ I use to go to Delaware every other weekend with my Aunt. They had a farmer's market there and we use to buy bread, eggs, meat and sweets. Now I live across the river from Ohio and haven't made it there yet. But, that is my plan for one of these days. The Amish are amazing cooks and their bread is by far one of the best I have ever had. Next to my own, of course!!!!! LOL
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 6:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I dont live by the amish but if i did I would
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 6:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Totally would if I lived near them. The furniture lasts for soo long.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 7:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I hope to make a trip out to north Ohio this summer to visit the Amish country and do some shopping. It's not something I have done on purpose before though. I have been to places that have Amish stores and have stopped in but it was not a destination. I found all the products to be very high in quality.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If I knew of an Amish community or store out here, I sure would! I enjoy wholesome, quality homemade food and other items, so it would probably be something I would do frequently if I could.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would if I lived near them
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 25, 2011