Miscarriage question

i have an ultrasound on tues and the baby was measuring 6w2d and had no heartbeat, i was supposedly 8w5d...i have had no cramping or bleeding, i just want to know how long it will take to pass or if i will need a d and c? i have an appt for next thurs i will be 10 weeks then, i just don't think its healthy to have a non living thing in me for a month i don't want to get an infection! thank you for your help in this sad time of my life.

sweet.lil.mama

Asked by sweet.lil.mama at 6:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• This happened to me a couple of summers ago. I was 18 weeks and I had to go all weekend with the baby inside me until the doctor induced labor with some kind of pill. They will most likely to a d & c though on you. Sorry for your loss :( hugs.....
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• well ... miscarriages are never good ...but with gods help you can trust him to help u so.... plz keep hoping for better things ok...miscarriages ur so hard on both prnates ,,,,plz keep praying ok things qiwll go better ok.......
    greens11

Answer by greens11 at 6:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• This happened to one of my daughters-in-law. Her doctor recommended they wait for her body to take care of the matter, which it did. It took a few days, but she did well and is now pregnant again. It will be better for your body if it is allowed to do its job unassisted.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It can take some time for your body to "know".  If you are not comfortable waiting and your doc is of like mind. My only suggestion would be to opt for the D&C over the pills. Several woman I know myself included ended up in the ER from hemorrhaging with the pills which made a bad thing worse.

I am very sorry for your loss!

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My OB was never able to hear any of my babies heartbeat until i was around 10 weeks pregnant. When i had my 2 miscarriages i had a D&C right away. With the first one i didnt even know i was pregnant, but with my 2nd miscarriage i was 13 weeks along. Is your doctor sure you had a miscarriage? I bled very heavily with both of mine and had horrible cramping. I had baseball sized clots so they had to do a D&C both times.
    Anonymous

• this is the OP....anon, i had an ultrasound and the baby measured 6w2d with no hb but the sac was 8w5d...right on track. i could tell something wasn't right when i saw the screen, i have a 2 yr old and i had an u/s at 6 weeks with him and there was a flickering hb on the screen so idk what is going on, i have no cramping or bleeding what so ever, thats why im so scared and confused
    sweet.lil.mama

Comment by sweet.lil.mama (original poster) at 6:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• hugsawwww sweet.lil.mama........i wish there was something i could do to help make things better for you. I had been through a couple of miscarriages and know how it feels to lose a baby. HUGS to you

team21

Answer by team21 at 6:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Talk to your Dr about your concerns. Ask if you can have your appt moved up, because you are afraid of the health risks.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2011