Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOUR KIDS JUST WON'T STOP GETTING SICK??? I'm at my whits end! one gets sick one week, they get better then it's the other kids' turn...last week they both weren't sick, i thought it was over with, until ds got a fever today....uuuggghh i'm so over this!

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Plastic bubbles all around!! :-)
    arpkdmom

Answer by arpkdmom at 6:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• lol, right there with you. Took son to dr today for stomach upset and now we are off for blood work. Hope your guys are feeling better asap! Dont forget, Spring has sprung!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Give them vitamins. And don't worry, all this sickness is building their immune system. I worked in a daycare and got to take my girls with me...they never got sick, until I started there. They were sick every freaking week!!! So I started giving them vitamins and orange juice and I can say that it helped. They wouldn't get as sick and I taught them about good hygene and germs. They know better than to rub their eyes or nose.
    scottshoney

Answer by scottshoney at 6:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• One winter my family of four was cooped up with my grandmother at her house, and we each kept getting the flu. My little sister came over and sprayed the telephone receiver and all the door knobs with Lysol spray. It also would help to wash hands with antibacterial soap frequently and wash bedding (especially pillow cases) more often.
    CoffeeWriter

Answer by CoffeeWriter at 6:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• hang in there momma, it gets better ! I used to feel exactly the same, but now can't remember the last time one went to Dr's for anything ( ignore broken bones from stupid teenage boy games GRR)
    All you can do is be sure they eat well, a multivitamin might be useful, be sure they wash hands properly and don't share any food or drink bottles. It is coming into hayfever season for you so beware of long grasses etc which can bring on hayfever.
    Good luck, it really does get easier I promise,
    xxx
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• that's the thing. i wash all the laundry, make sure they wash their hands WITH soap (they try to be sneaky and only rinse), spray everything i see, bleach all their toys that can be washed, spray the ones that can't. i'm pretty sure i've OD'd dd on orange juice lol. my son, however, hates orange juice, hates vitamins (tried the flinstones hard ones and chewy ones, he refuses them. he doesn't even like hard or chewy candy. he's SO picky)

the only thing i can give ds that i can think of, is V8 Fusion....anything else i can try that's in a liquid form? other than orange juice, he seems to drink everything
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Up your vitamin D give daily vitamins wash hands and their toys in bleach water diluted of course and know that summer is coming so you do can get outside soon
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Use Peroxide to clean everything they touch. Kitchen & bath counters, toilets, cabinets, chairs, dining table, etc. Wash hands constantly. With a house full of people, you just pass it back and forth. I said Peroxide because it disinfects better than bleach. Check it out. Fill a spray bottoe with half Peroxide and half water. Clean everything with it.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Wash dishes in a table spoon of bleach. Sometimes I would just lock everybody in and everybody gets a little prune juice and run it out of them. It is old school but it works.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Make sure you get the doorknobs, light switches, remotes, and any video game controllers too.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 6:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011