Should I be worried if I am spotting?

im 7 weeks preg and i havent seen a doc yet (waiting on medicaid), but every now and then I have a little bit of spotting,,, should i be worried

MommyDearest88

Asked by MommyDearest88 at 6:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Spotting can be completely normal in a pg, but it could also mean something is wrong. If you are really concerned go to the ER or put in a call to your OB. Good luck!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i spotted with my first baby, but if there is clots that could mean a problem. I would call your Doctor.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Bleeding in the first trimester should only concern you if it's very heavy, causes a lot of pain (especially one-sided pain) or is full of clots.

Lots of normal things cause spotting in the first trimester. The cervix becomes engorged with blood and sex can make it bleed. Sometimes just walking around too much can make it bleed. Sometimes the placenta as it forms causes a little bleeding. It's all normal. I spotted with both of my babies, my first for 4 weeks straight and my second only after sex until 14 weeks. It can be very normal. don't worry unless there are signs that it's a big problem, like I listed above.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 6:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011