The Birth???

Should he be there to witness the arrival of our son April 22nd? is it wrong of me to not want anyone around? i mean i been doin this alone since day 1, support, dr. appointments. Why should he get to be there and why should my new son have his last name? Am i CRAZY? He has been a jerk almost my whole pregnacy. Cussin me out, not helping me get our 5 year old to school, rubbing my aching back and feet only once a week. Not giving his all to look for a job. He had 1000 dollars and didnt buy our new baby anything. He said he was saving for a car, now all the money is gone. I pay the bills and i am fed up. Its time for him to go. Again am I crazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• My ex was there, hiding behind the curtain for both., He was less than useless. Nothing wrong wanting to be alone. Thats how you feel now though. You may want someone once your in labor though. Best of luck.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nope, sounds like you're just coming to your senses.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• No one should be there that you dont want there. If you dont want the chikd to have his name, he wont. You are not crazy.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 6:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Don't give in to him, I wish I didnt have my ex there with my son. Make sure u name him and sign the birth cert and send it asap. My advice is to not put him on the birth cert. I wish I didn't with mine
    sarahandmark09

Answer by sarahandmark09 at 6:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It's up to you, if you feel that he is not worthy to be there then don't allow it. Good luck and congrats!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 6:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• nope i wouldnt let him and i would def NOT give the baby his last name
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 6:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it depends...you're definitely not crazy- however for you to go through the whole pregnancy letting him think he's going to be there, especially while he's not doing anything, to then tell him he's not will definitely upset him legitimately. way i see it- it's your body, you're baby and unless you're doing it out of spite or revenge, if you don't want him there- he doesn't need to be there. i gave birth to my dd alone, with no one but my mother in the room and it was wonderful. the LAST thing i wanted was drama, and looks like you think the same. good luck and best wishes.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• oh aaaand, i went through my whole pregnancy saying i wouldn't give her his last name- the day she was born my mother changed my mind ( go figure) and i WISH i didn't give her his last name, just a last bit of input. if you truly intend to be a single mother raising her, than give her your last name. however, and speaking f/ experience, it is beyond a b**** to change it if he was not there the day of birth and doesn't sign that piece of paper (forget what it's called) saying he recognizes himself as her father. (this is if you guys aren't married, which by the content of your post i'm assuming/hoping you're not).
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 7:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011