How many moms are proud to co sleep!?

I have been a co sleeper since gwen was born and i love it! it made breast feeding easier! and waking up to her talking and giggling is the best thing! i hear from my family all the time how its a bad idea and i shouldnt do it. but i swear there wrong! and this way is the way i feel best!

KittyTussand

Asked by KittyTussand at 6:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I love co-sleeping! My kids are older now, but they co-slept quite often when they were younger.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 7:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I plan to co-sleep with the baby that I am carring and I did with my son also but I can't say I"m proud of it. To me that sounds as if I've acomplished something special and really, it's just a way of parenting. Do whatever works for you and your family.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Oh, co-sleeping was an absolute life-saver for me. My first babe was soooo cloicky and energetic . . .she hated to sleep. The only time either of us would get shut-eye is when we co-slept.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I co-slept with my DD for the first few months. I wouldn't say I was 'proud' per-say. It was just something that seemed to work for us. I'm glad we did it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it depends on how long....but it can be good it works for some but not others.
    butterfly3206

Answer by butterfly3206 at 7:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We co-slept with both of our girls. I wouldn't change a thing.
    Momto2beauties

Answer by Momto2beauties at 7:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We are currently co-sleeping as well. My son has acid reflux, and it honestly helps him sleep so much better! I love waking up to him every morning, and would not change a thing!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't have survived their infancies if I hadn't.

The research and statistics prove that it is safer than sleeping in a crib... makes me sad to see how many people are brainwashed into believing it is inherently dangerous.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We co-sleep w/ our daughter, but it started out as just wanting her by us when she was 4mths old and her dad did construction jobs out of town sometimes and i'd get lonely, then as she got older it was extremely difficult for us to get her to fall asleep in her crib so she just continued to sleep in our bed w/ us. She's now 3 and still sleeping with us, I like it most of the time because we have a routine: hop into bed, say good night, give kisses and turn out the light all in one swift movement and i know how comfortable she is and she feels safe so i guess i am NOW a proud co-sleeper lol but we'd like to have her in her own bed before she starts going to school.
    HulleMama

Answer by HulleMama at 10:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• LIFE saver.

Thing is, kitty.. you're following the baby's lead here. And that's what you're supposed to do. You get to lead LATER.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011