Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can we get more communication with bm and skids?

The birth mother in our situation will not return our calls, messages, or accept calls. Recently 15 yo ss went missing/moved out. Bm did not call us. Bm is verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive with the kids. How can we get her to communicate any ideas? She is very difficult/dysfunctional.

Answer Question

Asked by massagegiftmom at 12:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Sounds like you need to get the court involved somehow.

    Answer by gdiamante at 12:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

  • I agree. Your husband has a right to know what is happening in his children's lives unless the court said otherwise by deeming him unfit. Contact an attorney. Note everything the children tell you about her abuse and take pictures when you can it that is possible. Then, you can file a report with the police for physical abuse or through CPS. Obviously, she isn't stable enough to be raising her children. I don't think I would be asking for more communication. I think I would be talking to hubby about trying to change the custody agreement to be honest. I am in the same boat as you somewhat. not the same extreme, but BM is very emotionally abusive to SS and I think it is strictly because she is very emotionally unstable. PM if you would like to talk

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

  • court mediator ? friend of the court lawyer ?

    Answer by amanda_23 at 3:41 AM on Aug. 2, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.