If you are against home births, why?

I wasn't sure where to put this. Oh and by "against" I mean being totally opposed to them, or you personally wouldn't have one.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 7:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not against any type of birthing. All I care about is if the mommy and baby are safe and healthy....and in the big picture that is all that REALLY matters.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 7:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am not against home births as long as they are being overseen by an experienced mid-wife and the mother is willing to allow medical intervention in the event it becomes necessary. I am sure for some women a home birth is ideal. Not so much for me. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If somebody wants to do a home birth, more power to them. But for me, I wouldn't have one. I'm entirely too neurotic, I want to have the best possible medical care available right away in case something goes wrong. And since I had to have a c-section with my first son, there's definitely no way in hell I'd EVER consider a home birth now.

But like I said, I don't have a problem with other women choosing one, it just wouldn't be my choice.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am not against home births, but I personally would never have one. I think each woman should be able to chose the way she births her baby. Personally I prefer a midwife, all natural with little intervention, in a hospital where if there was an emergency I could receive emergency care for my child and myself.

Each woman should be able to chose for herself.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't say I am against it entirely but it's definitely not for me. I think anyone who does not want any medical attention while giving birth should have a home birth. I do believe that medical attention is necessary though. Do you remember how many women and children used to die during childbirth? The medical community has made great strides coming up with life saving procedures and medications and monitoring so as not to let anything get too bad. You just can't guarantee a safe healthy birth.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 7:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I was so glad I was in a hospital .....but I don't think my opinion matters---its a choice everyone has to make themselves.
    My first delivery was very tricky as I had Placental Abruption, bled alot and I had to be monitored,prepared for an emergency C-Section. It would have been bad if I labored at home without a Doctor.
    My second delivery went quickly but ,again, I bled a whole lot in recovery and needed monitoring. My third baby was presenting wrong and needed a Doctor to ease him out.
    I was very happy with all three hospital deliveries (All Air Force Hospitals)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• no, if you have a mid wife or someone who knows what their doing there is nothing wrong with it, everyone does things differently im paranoid most of the time so id personally go to a hospital
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Answer by MSKASSYLEIGH at 7:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I personally wouldn't have one. If I did I would not be alive today. The lower half of my uterus does not contract down like it is supposed to. The placenta came out in strips. Had I not been in the hospital I would have died. Of course the hospital just seemed the logical choice anyway for me. I mean who wants to clean all that mess up anyway.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I personally would not have one because w/ my last child I had a C-Section. I just think too many things can go wrong to not be at a properly equipped hospital. I would just be scared out of my mind I would think!
    meabellas_mommy

Answer by meabellas_mommy at 2:18 PM on Mar. 25, 2011