How do you get over being insecure?!?!

Okay I know that sounds kind of foolish- but I can't help this strange feeling of insecurity that seems to resurface- never felt like this in any other relationship, but do w/ my SO...i think it has to do w/ the fact all of his ex's were bombshells and gorgeous (some were even models)- and i'm still w/ 10-15lbs to lose f/ having my daughter, almost three years ago!

i used to be super confident, and never needed a man to tell me i was beautiful- but he rarely says anything, maybe a "you look cute" once in a while- but anyway, i'm trying to find out how to be that confident independent woman again..

we live in cali, so w/ spring/summer approaching, everyone will be wearing less clothes and i hate being compared to them (not that he does that) and i'm going to miami later in the year- i know i should work out and that would make me more confident, but between work, school, and raising a child- no time for anything but pilates and yoga at home.

so any ideas of how to be more confident and less insecure??? thx :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm kind of in the same boat, so I'll be watching this post! Bump!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 7:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• If anyone knows, let me know too.
    I am still insecure about everything, not just men. And I am 68 years old.
    I wonder if we ever get over this???
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• it took me a long time to be secure with myself. i had to find things i like about myself and my personality. sometimes i get insecure about the way i look. in my opinion beauty comes from the inside. my son makes me feel beautiful. he loves me no matter what. he doesn't care that i don't wear make up and that my hair is messy. he just knows i love him and i'm a good mommy. to me that is a great confidence booster.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 9:31 PM on Mar. 24, 2011