Are you doing anything to save gas?

carpool, ride a bike, etc.. give some other ideas how to save gas

maiahlynn

Asked by maiahlynn at 7:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Just driving less... saving as many errands as I can and do them all in one day with a planned route to make the trip as short as possible. No excessive acceleration, keeping my tires properly inflated, and making sure the maintenance on my truck is utd. Otherwise, there isn't a lot more I can do - I live 15 miles from WalMart... can't walk that far AND carry the bags back LOL ... there is no public transportation in my area.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 8:51 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• no road trips this spring break, time our trips to the store along with trips to work and school. If we forgot something, Oh well.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• riding the bus and walking oh wait the Nike express does not take gas. lol
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• There's not really much more we could do than we do normally, anyway, but trip planning where you plan the route to get all errand running done in one loop, and if you forget something, you don't need it. We don't do trips to run to the store for one thing anymore. Instead of going to the library downtown, we order the things we want from the online catalog and have them delivered to the branch library near our house. Streaming movies instead of driving to the video store or red box. That sort of thing.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• eating less beans! Just kidding.
    I walk to places alot,or take the bus. We have electric/gas hybrid buses

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Nope. We live in a rural area, so we have to drive to go to the doctor, get groceries, etc. Just less trips is it. My job has me driving roughly 130 miles a day - no way to save on that, other than using the vehicle that gets better mileage a few times instead of the pickup!
    Anonymous

• staying home
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Kind of like what NotPanicking is doing...making the most of my trips out and cutting down on frivolous trips. Taking turns driving with friends out of town.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We just stay home a bit more.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We started finding fun things to do in-town instead of driving to another city.
    jenmerk

Answer by jenmerk at 11:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2011