Christians

Why do Christians feel the need to push their beliefs on others? Why are there always people in front of Wal-Mart handing out bibles and giving them to my children without my permission? Why can't they just leave me be? Why do you as a Christian feel the need to hang your religion out there? And if you do, how do you feel about atheists, Muslims, Jews, or Wiccans talking and evangelizing?

TaraW1100

Asked by TaraW1100 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I believe in God but thats between me and him I have never felt the need to frce my need for confession once weekly on others.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• As Christians we are taught to go out into all the world and preach the gospel. No I do not agree with children being handed Bibles with out the parent permission. that just seems disrespectful. I also do not agree with anyone telling anyone else that they are 'going to go to Hell' It is no mans place to make those accusations, That seems judgmental and disrespectful. I would have no problem with other religions evangelizing. In fact I think it would be interesting...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Don't you option to say no thank you? Nation of Islam go to cars and passing out papers all the time and evangelizing on corners; but I know this is a free country and I have the option to say no thanks. No need for me getting in bunch about it.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i dont understand why some Christians feel like they need to push it on others when its more beneficial to let your actions show your faith (but i guess thats harder too). i dunno where you live but ive never heard of anyone giving out Bibles at Walmart, thats gotta suck. i dont even like to walk pass the church that sells crosses in front of Walmart cause they always give me dirty looks since i ignore them. i have NEVER felt the need to press my religion on anyone as i think its not only wrong, but sends completely the wrong message (your bad if you arent like me!). im pretty much against any religion evangelizing in any govt sanctioned event...and that includes my own.

but then i have a very different interpretation of the great commission Bible verse (go out & tell the world) than most other Christians.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Why do non-Christians insist that all Christians do this? I do not stand at walmart handing out Bibles to children, I do not go door to door, and I do not push MY beliefs on anyone else.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Not all of us are like that, these people are annoying.

What do I think of other religions, I think it is great that they believe in something.

There is only one God and what ever call him is not important.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It is what they feel they are instructed to do... don't you know that they are the only ones qualified to have beliefs?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have non-Christians (islamics) standing at my street corner every weekend handing out "The Final Call" newspapers to passersby. Aren't they pushing their beliefs on others as well?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've never once had a Bible handed to me outside of Walmart. Furthermore, in 26 years I've only had one Christian try to push their beliefs on me...and I've known a lot of them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sigh....another "Why do Christians" question. I've never witnessed this at Wal-Mart. I've seen the Disabled American Veterans, The Salvation Army, and the Girl Scouts in front of Wal-Mart, but never anybody of any religion handing out anything. I don't push my religion on anybody and I don't allow others to push theirs on me.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011