Husband is having bad headaches and odor from nose,anyone know what this is?

my husband had a wisdom tooth pulled and had severe pain on one side of his face,it has been a month and a half since he has had that done.a few days after haveing the wisdom tooth pulled he started haveing a bad odor in his nose,only he can smell it i don't smell anything coming from him.it went away for a week and then came back with a headache all on the same side that he had the tooth pulled its only one side of his nose that smells and one side of his head that hurts.doctors checked for infection but said there wasn't one they want him to have a ct scan but we have no insurance and really can't afford it at the moment.if anyone has been through this and can give me any advice as to what this might be, it would be greatly appreciated.

kb24

Asked by kb24 at 7:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• sinus infection? You're better off just sending him to the doctor.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• sinus infection

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I was going to say infection....maybe try googling "smell coming fro right nostril" or something....
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Infection in the socket can do this he might need some antibiotics for it he should go back to the dentist.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Definitely an infection, and it could be sinus, or his wisdom tooth could be infected. The mouth and nose are connected, so he could actually smell an infection in his mouth. I'd get it checked by either the doctor or dentist.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would be really worrioed since he just had that dental work done and get him to the ER NOW.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• he's been to the doctor,they said there was no infection but they gave him an antibiotic anyways of which he has taken and it seemed to help a little bit but now that its gone everything is back.
    kb24

Comment by kb24 (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• sinus infection, but I would take him to the Dr or ER just in case.
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• How long ago did the doctor see him? Maybe the meds weren't strong enough.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• sorry I did not see your last post~ GL
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011