CAN HOT REALLY WATER BREAK HAIR?

Just out of the shower. i had the water very hot . and i took the shower head(i have the kind that that i hold the shower head) rinsed my head. then i got out and some my hairs are Broken on the top of my head.. it looks BAD! AND MY head kinda hurts. mybe i burnt the hair off??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I would think you would have either had to have the water scalding to burn your hair or your hair was damaged from styling and the hot water was the last straw.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have heard that by a few beauticans but I dont know how true it is:)
    miranda2011

Answer by miranda2011 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I have work professionally as a beautician, the water would have had to have been really really hot to break. In reality you want to condition in cooler water than what you used to wash your hair. when you dry your hair do you wrap your head like a turban? This can cause breakage also strenuous drying can cause breakage. There are different products you can use on your hair when drying and styling try them. Or go to your local beautician and she should have some suggestions.
    Leeli12410

Answer by Leeli12410 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• no it doesnt break ur hair unless its scolding , but its also not good for it , you should wash ur hair in lukewarm water , not hot or cold. Hot water takes the color ( if u dye ur hair) off faster.
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 9:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• no , did you recently perm or color or straighten your hair that would probly be the reason hair broke off , not hot water
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011