What method of birth control do you prefer?? I am interested in something other than the pill

I am preg with my third child and my husband thinks we should stop......but you never know how we will feel 5 or 10 years down the road (were only 26) If i do not have my tubes tied what are some good menthods?

Ethans_Ma

Asked by Ethans_Ma at 8:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My husband got fixed after our 3rd. We would love more but can not financially provide for any more and are BLESSED to have the 3 we have today :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 8:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Diaphragm is what worked for me. I could not take the pill.
    Anonymous

• I have the IUD. I recommend it, There is a 5 year IUD and a 10 year IUD, I had the 5 year and I had it taken out got the depo shot, it made me gain sooooo much weight I hated it, but now I have the 10 year one, the 5 year makes your periods go away bcuz of the hormone thats in it. the 10 year you still get your period...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 8:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am trying to figure that out too. Im thinking maybe Paraguard? I like the idea of the IUD but not the hormones and since this one doesnt have hormones it could be an option. If I dont do that, I'll probably do the NuvaRing again. Its just easy.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am on implanon now but I do not recommend it. I am getting ready to switch to the pragard IUD I have heard good things about it.
    merandaobrien

Answer by merandaobrien at 8:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I loved NuvaRing but if I weren't going to get pregnant for 5 years or more I'd go with the IUD. I had my tubes tied recently after my 5th, but I'm 37.

Answer by missanc at 8:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I had the Nuvaring......loved it!! I have a couple of friends that had problems with the IUD's so I would never have 1...but my husband had a vasectomy after we had our 4th boy so we're good now =)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 8:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I loved the Depo shot. Too many horror stories about IUDs, even here on cafemom!
    Anonymous

• i was on the depo but my periods were all messed up so i got a hormone pill and now i'm pregnant lol
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've tried Depo, the Mirena (the worst POS ever in my opinion, and Depo wasn't much better) and about 8 different pills and so far Yasmin (the pill) is the only thing that didn't make me psycho with terrible side effects. You might want to look into the Paragard IUD, diaphragms, and the implant (Implanon, I think?).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:28 PM on Mar. 24, 2011