My period keep getting closer together?

its like now every month i keep getting surpised by my monthly friend insead of knowing when its coming.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• Cycles do change from time to time, even if for years you've been as regular as a clock. However, if they're getting closer and closer together I'd talk to your gynocologist. It may be absolutely nothing more then needing a hormone balance .. but it would be a good idea to ask your gnyocologist.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• welcome to my world! I have been like this forever! For a while i had a period for 3 weeks and off for one! PITA! Hope it gets better! Go talk to your doc and see what can be done!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• mine are too. I asked my gyno and she said once you get over 40,(im 41) your hormones start flucuating. She even mentioned the dreaded M word. I get very emotional 2-3 days before my period starts,so I hate to think how horrible it will be when menapause starts. :( As Jazz stated,my gyno did mention I may have to start taking BC pills to regulate it and thats sucks. I had a tubal years ago so I wouldnt have to worry about birth control and remembering the pill and now here I am probably gonna have to start on it again.
    phall1069

Answer by phall1069 at 10:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011