Does anyone else have calendar sex? DH and I have recently started this to get more one on one time with each other and keep our marriage going strong. So far it has been working. Does anyone else do this? Are you still doing it? How is/has it worked for you?

aussiesmummie

Asked by aussiesmummie at 12:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• what is that? i thought sex was sex does it really matter what do you have sex on
    Anonymous

• Yes! We are just starting...we have an 8mo baby (and my 11yo DD who is with us every other week), and he works 60 hours a week. We also have to schedule to ever have time. I've finally found my sex drive again YAY!! and it is too easy to get frustrated and feel neglected otherwise. We also agreed that our scheduled time will be for intimacy, not just sex. We used to spend hours kissing and touching before kids (kid), and we need that closeness again.

I thought it would be weird...like a chore or appt since it was "scheduled", but it actually creates anticipation and therefore you get really excited thinking about what you're going to do! I love it...think it's a great idea.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 12:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Yea we dont have a calender, but we have our "mommy and daddy time" on Friday and Saturday, because my DD goes to her Nana's every weekend. Sometimes we might squeeze in a Wednesday...lol. But it works just fine for us...
    Anonymous

• U make a schedule to have sex with ur husband? Sex is suppose to be spontaneous not planned. Do y'all mark things on your calendar like Monday at 9:00 we have sex? That just seems really boring, but if it works for you, I guess that's all that matters. To each is own.
    ms.busybody

Answer by ms.busybody at 2:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• You make a schedule for sex? Wow! Never done that before. I have 4 kids and after bed time it's Du and I'm time to cuddle, watch a movie, talk, or have sex. Sex is supposed to be fun and spontaneous, not a job, or so I thought. Good luck with that and let me know how that goes cause now I'm curious.
    KeBe

Answer by KeBe at 9:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Nope, Dh is deployed so there is my sex life..haha
    But honestly no, we're pretty creative and spontaneous. Even during the week, before deployments and after get hectic and crazy, so we just 'fit' in some time, nap times for our 2 year old, well then birth to 18 months, night time ANYTIME....haha Sex is a great stress reliever and very healthy! If we're too 'tired' we just do something else...movie, cuddle, talk, have a glass or two of wine and unwind...I haven't heard of calendar sex before. It's interesting..if it works for you then that's great!! We need more ppl to work on their marriages instead of giving up easily...I say kudos for you and anyone else that's making it work!!
    schae4

Answer by schae4 at 11:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Be careful. It's going to turn into a chore.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 27, 2008