Milicon drops and gripe water...for getting rid of gas or helping it come out?

MSKASSYLEIGH

Asked by MSKASSYLEIGH at 8:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We used milicon drops for both. We loved those drops.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:24 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ok good my son is 3 months old ( just about ) and all of a sudden he is very cranky and farting all the time, he wimpers when he is sleeping and passes gas it makes me so sad I just want to make it all better, I have been giving him some tylenol with it to help and it seems to ease the pain a little
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 8:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would NOT give tylenol at that age...at all. the drops will work and when they do, the pain will go away. Tylenol at 3 months old will do more harm than good in my opinion. put him on his tummy over your lap and pat his back. lay him on his back and do the bicycle with his legs...lots to do for gas.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• its per my doctor my son weighs 13 lbs already so she said it was fine but to stay away from aspirin products, ive been trying the tummy on my legs and patting his back and the bicycle technique...do you know any other positions that may help?
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've used both, but my LO seems to do better when I add gripe water to her morning bottle every morning. Then I use Milicon drops as needed throughout the day. She also has terrible constipation problems so my Dr. has me using Kayro syrup in her bottles at feeding. It's helps things flow much better.
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 8:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• ill try that i didnt know the gripe water could be added right to the bottle, ive just been putting it right in his mouth he is a porker and loves the taste of it
    MSKASSYLEIGH

Comment by MSKASSYLEIGH (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I used both as well with my son. I did both of the techniques calliesmommie suggested as well as simply rubbing his tummy. It helped him so much! GL!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Neither drops or water worked for my son, the only thing that worked was farting him myself o_O
    Betty_Blood810

Answer by Betty_Blood810 at 11:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I always would rub my babies belly in a circular motion clockwise. If the bicycle doesnt work, take both legs as if you were to do the bicycle and put her knees together and put her knees up to the top of her belly and push down a bit. That ALWAYS worked with Avery. She always had issues with gas too. Also you can try putting her infront of you, with her back against your belly and then bring her legs up close to her with knees bent and lightly squeeze her close and that sometimes helps. :-) good luck sweetie
    Mommy103110

Answer by Mommy103110 at 2:36 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• We used milicon drops for our son's gas and gripe water because he had colic. Though, we are sure that his colic was caused by his bad gas. My husband would hold our son across his arm, tummy down and rock him gently and that really calmed him down and made him feel better. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:15 AM on Mar. 25, 2011