Tanning bed + pregnancy!!!

Another mother at my dd's dance class today just announced her pregnancy and then proceeded to tell us how there was "no way she would quit going to the tanning bed"

She has already been twice since she knew she was pregnant and doesnt plan to stop...she goes about once or twice a week!!!!

All the moms were telling her not too!!! Especially one mom who is a nurse!

Can you believe this! I was blown away! Have you ever heard of a mom going pregnant!!!

Will the store even allow her to go when she is showing???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i don't think they will that can hurt the baby really bad
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:37 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Heck I didnt even think about asking....she may have her own bed....then NO ONE can stop her!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• That tough. It's much worse than the sun BUT the real danger would be if she got to hot while she was in there. Kind of like a hot tub.
    Aimers55

Answer by Aimers55 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Lol I just typed the word Heck....hahahaha
    Anonymous

• I dont know if they can stop her or not but i tell you that i sure would if i was one of the workers there.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• And she needs to wear sun screen. My 1st was born in August 2008 and I literally spent everyday that summer at the pool. But I was wearing sunscreen and in the water. Tanning beds are so much worse b/c it's sun a concentrated dose of light.
    Aimers55

Answer by Aimers55 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I've seen preggos do worse.
    But that bun in the oven may come out a little crispy...
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• She sounds like a winner. Some people are just stupid and you can't do any thing about it.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• actually my sister was showing and they let her go she continued to go until I mentioned it to my mom about the nurse saying not to go she was a young mom like 20 or 21 so my mom got on her so she stopped going. But she went up until she was like 6 months pregnant. My nephew is fine healthy and everything, but I wouldn't risk it.

Then again my aunt said it was fine to go tanning your whole pregnancy and she said she went the whole time and her son was born 3 months early and he has cerbal palsy not sure if it was caused from that. But she did go tanning so it could have. I would not do anything to risk my unborn child. I smoked before all 3 of my babies and the day I saaw the + on that pregnancy test I stopped snoking, Always said I wouldn't smoke while pregnant so I didn't and wont.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I thought the Ultraviolet rays, or whatever the machine pushes out could harm the baby. I never went when I was prego. But I didnt stop smoking either and both my kids were born fine and both over 7lbs...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 9:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011