HELP... Behavior issues/concerns with my 6yr old daughter

I need some help, My daughter is 6 1/2 years old. She is very smart and mature for her age. We have been having some issues with her behavior in school. She has been being, for lack of a better word, a BULLY. Her teacher has called me on several occasions to discuss her behavior. Anything we do as far as punishment (no hitting) has no affect on her. She tends to turn her punishment around an example: She wanted to see the Justin Beiber movie, when she did not get the behavior marks she needed to see the movie she says "Ya know I didnt really want to see it anyways". Dont get me wrong, removing fun activities from her things to do affects her but only for about 5 minutes. She also has a tendency to add to the punishment I place on her. Sassing me. Is anyone else having this issue?

LaLa0812

Asked by LaLa0812 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my brother and sister tend to do that but they bully each other
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 8:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Maybe talk to a school counselor or a private one. Read up on child bullies and dealing with them. Most bullies are hurting inside. Is she getting enough positive attention at home too? I hope you can ge to the bottom of it. hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My daughter was being a bully to one little girl. I asked her why and she said it was because that girl had done things to her. I finally told her that the girl she was bullying was less fortunate than her. Talk to your daughter. She may have a reason.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Thanks for the advice, We have tried to talk to her but she says she doesn't know why.she acts that way. I have been debating going to a child Psychologist to see if they can help. My daughter is an only child and gets all of our attention as well as that of her grandparents.
    LaLa0812

Comment by LaLa0812 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would get her in therapy. Have you talked to her Dr about this?
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:43 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Don't let her get away with "I don't know" answers! Make her figure it out. You don't have to pay a therapist for that, but you do have to talk to her more, more, more. She sounds like a total brat and needs to be less spoiled.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:03 PM on Mar. 27, 2011