Taking progesterone supplement

I have had 2 early m/c's that I was told were due to chromosomal abnormalities. With my second m/c, my BBT's were dropping but my OB refused to have me get my progesterone levels checked even though I was concerned that they must be dropping.
Three weeks later, I m/c at just 8 weeks along. I am now wondering if I might be pregnant but I won't know until I miss AF next week. I have been doing some research. Is it correct that you have to start using the Progesterone cream/suppositories or injections after ovulation in order for them to be helpful and to sustain a pregnancy if Progesterone levels were going to drop without this aid?
Or, once finding out you are pregnant, if after Progesterone levels were checked and they were low, could the Dr. then prescribe a form of Progesterone to start taking in the early weeks and on until 12 or 13 weeks along?
I am going to a Homeopathic Doctor tomorrow and I think I will ask this question of her as well as she can prescribe this if necessary.

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 8:53 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I took them from dpo3 until I was 9 weeks. You can start them after ovulation or after they check your levels it is kinda up to the dr.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would find another Doctor..My Doctor was great about testing mine she had mine tested every other day for a few weeks..I had a healthy baby girl that is 21 months now
    newbabystarr09

Answer by newbabystarr09 at 2:17 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Just wondering if anyone has actually used any of the Progesterone supplements; when they started it and if it was effective?
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I was placed on progesterone injections after finding out I was pregnant. My body didn't make enough on it's own. With my first baby I stopped after week 12. With my other three, it was a weekly injection from the time I found out I was pregnant to week 36. Was told no sex from the start until six weeks past delivery since I was prone to miscarriage.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have chatted before but I have had 2 early m/c's in just 8 months so worried about another whenever I get pregnant again......I am hoping to just have the reassurace from the homeopathic doctor that I can be put on it (if necessary) as soon as possible.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I see a Homeopathic Doctor today so I will be asking about having the progesterone levels checked....also thinking of having a Midwife again for this pregnancy as they were great the last time :) They listen really well to your requests too.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:04 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• '.....I should clarify, 'when I get pregnant again' as I am not sure yet if I am this cycle.
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 8:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• i had to take the supplements, i had a misscarriage @ 6 weeks in my first pregnancy.
    My progesterone wouldnt make on its on, so i had to take it twice a day.... i just inserted up "there" , i had to do it for 12 weeks
    im now 29 weeks along in the this pregnancy
    Good luck! message me if you want
    juniebug11

Answer by juniebug11 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Well, I took Progesterone supplements with my IUIs. I started them near the time of the IUI itself. I was put on Progesterone shots with my IVF from the time of transfer until week 13.
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 9:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2011