MY 5YR GIRL

I have only one girl and she plays with her brothers but some times they get at her and she gets mad and yells at them and they of course pick on her more. So i have teached all my kids to learn to walk away from the fighting from each other. With Savannah is will stay and argue back at them. I have now told her that every time she is fighting with them her fault or not i will be taking her a way from the issue and she will have to be with me. She now is getting mad at me saying i didnt do any thing it wasnt my fault. I told her i know but i told you if you cant walk a way on your own then i would be doing it for you. I dont want her to grow up to think MEN or any one can treat her bad and she just stay in it and not leave the problem. Do i make sense? What do you think?

butterflies78

Asked by butterflies78 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Well, thinking of my niece's 5 year old she would not be able to walk away. Not mature enough for that. But I think you might have a good solution if the time with you is not a "bad" time but rather a quiet bonding type time. And I assume you have had talks with your sons about being fair to a younger sibling. It will all work out eventually and they will be her protectors someday!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yea i have but right now little sisters or ee to them lol you know. but they all know to be nice to each other its just they know how to get to her already because she lets it bother her and she shows it. I can see they will be there for her as adults but now lol... and the time with me is a good one lol ha we talk shes the only girl..
    butterflies78

Comment by butterflies78 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Let them work it out. She also needs to learn how to think for herself and stand up for herself. You should see my 6yr old niece stand up to my 14 yr old son. NO ONE can mess with her.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would be worried that she is learning that you don't stand behind her because she is getting punished for defending herself in the only way she knows how. Sometimes walking away isn't easy or can't be done right away.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 10:36 PM on Mar. 26, 2011

• Ah, siblings, what fun! She will learn to stand up for herself, but she shouldn't get in trouble for it. The older ones need to be talked to about picking on younger kids.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:01 PM on Mar. 27, 2011