Need to Quit Smoking

I found out two weeks ago that i was pregnant and i smoke cigarettes, but only with no filter which i heard is not as poisonous. I am goingto quit tomorrow, any advice on how to make it easier?

infor2

Asked by infor2 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Health

• I quit when I was pregnant too. You just have to remember what your doing this for. Read everything you can about the effects of smoking on a fetus (pretty scary stuff). When I quit it took me about a week, I would get really upset and start crying and i would just take a puff or two before I actually quit. I always felt guilty when i did it though. It just depends on you. Some women smoke their whole pregnancy because they cant quit. Good luck!!
    newmommy1201

Answer by newmommy1201 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Have someone to help you along with it. Keep yourself busy, maybe try not to be around smokers or the smell of smoke. Whenever you feel a craving coming do some jumping jacks. GL to you!
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 12:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• just think about the little baby inside you that would be enough for me to quit cold turkey. right when found out i was pregnant i walked out of the doctors office and never touched a cigarette again!
    Anonymous

• I quit when I was pregnant and I'm not smoking as long as I'm nursing... The day he's done I'm buying a pack! For me I just didn't buy anymore and delt with the issues... I spent like 3 days in bed!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Don't listen to the people who tell you its ok to have the occasional fag, theyre trying to be supportive but they're also letting you give in to temptation! On the other hand, don't listen to the people who bash you if you slip up either, don't worry about it or obsess over it as this will make you think about smoking more and make it harder. Distract yourself with other activities And if your partner smokes, dont let them offer you ciggies and dont let them smoke around you. I've only just stopped and I think my problem was listening to other people, getting confused and worrying about it. Just do it how you see fit, stop as soon as you can and never mind anyone else! Do it your own way! You'll probably find it grosses you out after a while anyway and you cant stand the taste or the smell! Good luck xxx
    Rozee830

Answer by Rozee830 at 2:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• the only way to go is cold turkey. prepare yourself ahead of time mentally like a week and stop having the habit cigarettes and smoke only when you just can't take it anymore. when i would get the urge to smoke, i would not try to talk myself out of it (because then I am still focused on smoking), but would distract myself with something else. if i couldn't get it out of my mind, i would smoke. after a week, i just stopped. after a couple days, it was easier. after a few weeks, i didn't care at all. my packday sister also quit cold turkey and said it was way easier than she thought, which is how i felt. you can do it!!!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008