What is a good visitation sched for a 15 mo old?

My ex and I were never married and broke up shortly after I had our son. We can never quite agree on anything so its not surprising that it is hard for us to set up a visitation sched. Our sched so far has been Wed mornings from 8am-1pm, Fridays from 8am-5pm, and saturdays from 12pm-8:30pm. His father has set it up so that he leaves our son with his paternal grandmother on saturdays from 4:30pm until he is picked up. We are putting up with this sched so far because we have not come up with an alternative, but we are both unsatisfied with it. My ex claims he doesn't get to see him much, however giving him to his father during the day for most of the weekend every week I don't get to spend much time with him either. We also disagree about overnights because my ex works overnight on the weekends yet still wants him over the weekend. I disagree with this for two reasons: 1. I think our son is too young to start spending the night, but I'm still flexible as long as his father is there which leads to my second reason: why should our son spent the night if his father is not there?
This situation is a bit frustrating so I could use any type of advice anyone is willing to give. I want my son to spend a fair amount of time with his father, thats important, however I really want some time with him as well.

jacobsmom12345

Asked by jacobsmom12345 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• 50/50 He is his son just as much as he is your son. I understand that work schedules make it difficult to have equal time seeing him. I don't work all day, my husband does. I see my kids more than my husband does. It's just the way things go. He is plenty old enough for overnights. I think as a mom you're having a hard time letting go (naturally). But because you are no longer together, you're going to have to make some changes.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:02 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I agree with the first poster. He is old enough for overnights, he needs just as much time with his Dad as he does with you.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011