I would love thoughts'' (kinda long)''.. please read. adult content

This morning i woke up same as i always do. I sleep on right side because that's the most comfortable for me. When I wake up in the mornings, i normally have a like tightening in my whole body because of the way i sleep i think. Well this morning i had the same as usual but i had some light pink and mucus looking discharge when i wiped. It was a good amount to. I immediately called my Dr. to she what to do, and she let me come in today so that she can check me out. Her first question was have you had sex recently, Answered no, I was being honest, for all who know me know that i say i haven't been having a sex drive since i have been pregnant. Anyway i don't think she believed me. Anyway i told her how i hadn't felt the baby move yet since i had been woke., And she proceeded to say well at 22 week you don't really feel that much movement anyway.. But I'm like i can really feel my baby move when she does. I can feel her when i put my hand on my belly and really see a jump in my belly. I take progesterone injections every week to help support my pregnancy and she gave me some procardia pill today that i have to take for the rest of the pregnancy that she says will help relax my uterus and help it not to contract. my question is if i was not contracting, why would i be given pills to help me not to contract? and could it be possible for me to be further along than we think because of the movement that i can fee? Would the Dr know this? Thanks for all responses.

BUTTERFLY463

Asked by BUTTERFLY463 at 9:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Did the Doc do a sonogram? Or even listen to the baby's heartbeat to reassure you that the baby was fine? you should have asked her why she was giving u pills to help stop contractions if ur not having them...
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 9:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Have you had an ultrasound? I would think at this point in pregnancy, yes, your doctor would know with certainty how far along you are. Did your doctor not even use a doppler to find the baby's heartbeat? I don't see why any doctor would NOT use a doppler to confirm everything is okay.
    I'm not a doctor, but I see no reason why you should be prescribed that medication if you weren't contracting. Likewise with the progesterone - it's not necessary after the first trimester, because at 12-13 weeks the placenta takes over. If I were you, I would call back and demand more explanations, more reassurance, ultrasound, whatever it takes. If your doctor can't meet your needs, find a new one. It's best if you have the kind of care you NEED to have, and if the doctor you're seeing isn't giving it to you, find one who will.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Yes I should have included that she did an ultrasound and listen to the babys heart beat to. Im sorry.
    BUTTERFLY463

Comment by BUTTERFLY463 (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I was put on meds when i was about 20 weeks with my first pregnancy to stop contractions because i was having contractions. But i have no idea why they would give it to you if you were not. So i would call your doctor and find out why. Tell her you want to know exactly what is going on because this is your childs life, let them know that if something is going on you should know and that you want everything done that can be done. If you do not see the resaults you are looking for then find a new doctor because doctors are there for you. We/insurance pays them and you want to get what you pay for as well as feel comfortable in knowing they are giving you and baby the best care possible.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 9:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I hope someone has gone through what you are going through can help so I will bump the Q for you. I was able to feel the baby very early on for both of my pregnancies. I also remember that early on the movement of the baby was very inconsistent. It wasn't until I was much further along that the baby would develop a pattern. As for tightening...I had a lot of that early on as well but it was braxton hicks. I just got them earlier then the average women. As for your due date being wrong...they are pretty accurate. especially if you had an internal exam. The most they would be wrong by is a week. Good luck!!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm pretty sure the only way doctors can tell if you're contracting is by doing a non stress test to monitor the baby. When I was pregnant with my son, I got put on meds to ease contractions also and the doctor didn't check to make sure I was having contractions either. But I was having some tightening and pain also, so the doctor just gave me these meds to ease the pain, which is probably why your doctor gave you the meds. As long as everything on the ultrasound was fine and they found the baby's heartbeat good, you should be fine. Light bleeding and discharge is normal throughout pregnancy. Though, if you still feel uneasy about your doctor's answer or if you experience anymore pain or anything like that, and you don't feel comfortable going to your doctor, maybe you should go to an ER. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:52 AM on Mar. 25, 2011