Vicious teacher

If you thought your teenagers were being mistreated by a teacher at school would you confront them about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would schedule a meeting with the teacher to discuss the issue. Not confront. thwhat I believe is going on. If we can't work it out..then I go to the office. If they can't work it out then I go to the superintendant if he can't fix it then I would go to the news.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The teacher? No. The administration? HELL YES! Don't NOBODY mess with my kids.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would ask the principle for a meeting with him/her,the teacher,my child,and myself.That way all sides can have their say and hopefully a solution could be found.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would go the teacher first, if that didn't help I would go to the principal.. You may get a very different story so be prepared for it.. I went through something similar and just transferred my children to a different school after "trying" to work with them.. Best thing we ever did !!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:18 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• who would the administration be? The principal?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Do what some of the other moms said, call the mtg. between the teacher, principal, etc., & come prepared w/ notes- examples, dates, etc. If after the mtg. you are not satisfied, then call all the local news stations & local newspaper. I've had to threaten media attention before over no heat in my son's special ed. classroom, & believe me I got immediate results! GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• YES there's 2 sides to a story. Bring a 3rds party with you like a related if you can with your son of course. Document things that happen at the meeting. Get your son's input at the meeting he wants to feel important too! I hope you documented what your son has told you. Make your son shine bring in anything and everything that is positive for him. Good grades from the class etc... After the meeting keep in contact with the teacher follow up with your meeting. I would say every week....
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would. That is your child and as moms we do anything and everything we will fight to the end. I wish you luck.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would be at the school the next day confronting the teacher and if things didn't change, I would be in the principals office. You are the parent, it is your job to protect your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would call and talk to the teacher first as well as call other parents to see what their children are saying. Kids can lie--even to their parents. Make sure you know what is REALLY going on before you go in with guns blazing and wind up looking like a psychotic parent.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011