I am in a pickle :(

I have been working at this place for 3 years. Well I can not go back because I do not have a baby sitter and my DH just left for good for no reason. I have called everyone and no one cal watch my baby and my dh will not come back. Anyways my question is should I just go in tomorrow and quit or should I wait for them to fire me if I keep calling off. Both are bad, i know but which will be better on my record.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• Call your boss and explain the situation. Then you turn and burn to find a sitter.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• with this economic how are you going to live without a job? Talk to your boss and tell him or her what is going on Maybe he or she will give you a couple of days off to look for a babysitter? Look at the YMCA for babysitter. Go to social services and talk to them about license babysitter. O for god sake don't quit or get fired from your job. LIfe for you will probably get worse. At work at least you have adults to talk to and your job keeps you busy. It also helps you with your credit when you apply for anything....
    There are resource out there for sitters. If you have to cut down on your working hours but don't quit
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• its better to quit than to get fired.. i think.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Better to quit than get fired
    Aimers55

Answer by Aimers55 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I would talk to your boss. You should resign rather than quit if you have to. Some employers will offer help on daycare costs so definitely talk to the owner of the company you work for. People understand that babies change things. Good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:17 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I did tell my boss. But I can not find one
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It also brings money in for you and your baby. If you husband just walked out what do you expect from him? Income? Its best for you to open your mouth and talk to people and ask I mean dig and dig for a babysitter Be careful who you choice get a license babysitter from your state.
    I wish you best of luck My heart goes out to you.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:19 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I can not get any days off and I do not need money. We are alright.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I guess I don't understand the whole situation, but if you don't need a job (you don't need the money, right?) and you don't have anyone to watch the baby if you did have a job... well, then I guess you'll be fine quiting and being a SAHM.

If you know you are going to leave and are just asking how you should leave... it's much, MUCH better to quit on good terms than to be fired for poor behavior. But that seems kind of obvious to me.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 9:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ask you boss if you can be on some kind of unpaid leave, or resign and ask if there is a chance you can be rehired once you can get some kind of child care in place.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011