Are there some local or regional foods that you love and can't get anywhere else?

I can't find Pepperidge Farm top split hot dig buns or PF Bread out here, we used to get all the time when we lived back east.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 9:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Food & Drink

• fluff! i used to eat the stuff like crazy, moved out of state cant find it anywhere.. altho people say some marshmellow cream or whatever it is, is the same thing BUT ITS NOT!! .. i have convinced my parents to mail some out before lol..
    also a resturantish sandwhich shop that has the BEST pickles... its only in 2 states in new england.. miss it
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• gobs...lol
    shoot4thestars

Answer by shoot4thestars at 9:25 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I miss all my 'American' junk food that I can't get here. Especially Funyuns, white chocolate reese's peanut butter cups, snow crab legs, and Twinkies. I do have my parents mail me some of the non-perishable items, but I inhale those within days =P
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We always stock up on Goetta (a spicy sausage/oat mixture) and Cincinnati chili when we are up there. Strangely enough, not only does my husband love it, but the kids do, too.

Personally (and yes, I do know that I'm insane) I crave English foods a lot (meat pies, mushy peas, lots of chocolates, nice beers) and occasionally Spanish. Most anything else I want, even from California, I can get. Except In-N-Out burgers.
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 9:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I lived in FL for a few years and they didn't have Tastykake!!! They only recently got it down there, my mom said. And no WaWa, but they are spreading. Oh, and Taylor Ham was hard to find, too.
    And if you don' know WaWa is a gas station/convenience store with GREAT coffee and dairy and Taylor Ham is porkroll.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Bama mayonnaise, Sun drop
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:41 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• and there is Dean's sausage (not Jimmy Dean sausage)
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• When I was in college in Upstate NY I could not get Ranch Style Beans, Rotel or Tony Chaceries. My mom would mail me cases for my bday and Christmas. I came home and found I missed and could not find Duke's Mayo and Dinosaur BBQ sauce. Now, I live in West Tx and I miss andouille sausage. Can't get it here. :(
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Born and Raised in Chicago and I live in SC. I SOO Miss White Castle's and a decent Pizza, not to mention Italian beef sandwiches and a Good Gyro.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I love poutine (Canada) and faggotts (England).

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:45 AM on Mar. 25, 2011