Should I end a 3 month relationship,even if I am wrong?

I am 35 and am seeing someone that is 39. We have been together a few months now and I am having some trust issues. I had this issue going into this and he was aware. I am wondering when its just time to give up on the possibility of a relationship ever working out. He owns his own business,and is mostly in the building with 3 female employees throughout the day. That isnt my concern, I am wondering if I am out of line by feeling uneasy about the fact that he usually goes to lunch with all 3, but I have found out that he and the office manager have been going out alone on some days. She is married and I think that my concern is that they are very close,and tell each other a lot. And also spend a lot of time together alone during the day. Also, recently I called his office and asked a question about who answered the phone and he replied,"I control all these bitches",well to me that means he has them all doing whatever he says,and that makes me have more questions. It never ends. How do you know when it is just time to let things go for good.?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• sounds like you already have deceded this guy is not for you
    better to end at 3 months than 3 years
    do not settle
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:33 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sounds like you're very, very, very insecure. Work on your own confidence before becoming involved with anyone again.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• At this age, you know we all come w/ baggage- some have more "luggage" to carry around than others! -lol If this is "your" issue & you are aware of it, then you need to decide if you can work on it & get past it, or if you are willing to cut your losses since it's early in the relationship. I'd be a bit concerned about his comment too- The fact that he said what he did makes me wonder about his attitude toward women in general. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Well, until the part about how he "controls all these bitches", I was going to say that it all didn't sound all that unreasonable. In a small business, it's not uncommon for everyone in the office to develop a rather close friendship and even feel like family sometimes. And if he's really involved in his business and not foisting all his responsibilities off on his employees, he'd want to know what was going on which would require him to talk to his employees quite a bit.

But the reference to "bitches"....oh, that would irritate the hell out of me if I were his employee. Frankly, that would be grounds for me to file a complaint with the labor board or whoever it is. And regardless of whether or not there's anything else to be concerned with, I'd consider that if he refers to his employees that way, he might also refer to you that way. I wouldn't want to be with someone who would disrespect me, or any woman, that way. Do you?
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 9:39 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Ask yourself if he's worth the issues...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I am the poster of this question,and just found out that a month ago his accountant that works at his office and is on her 4th divorce called him in the middle of the night,saying she wanted to be with him.I feel like its always something and even though he did nothing wrong,again I dont feel comfortable with her working there,she knew we were together and he didnt mention this at all. I feel like this is the life that I will always lead if I stay involved with him so I have ended things and would like to know how others have handled anything similar. I am really sad but feel like I would have continues to doubt his trust even if it wasnt his fault thaat she called him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Mar. 25, 2011