Is it normal to be depressed before baby arrives??

I'm eight months pregnant and don't have anything ready for the baby yet, and I don't feel like starting either, my friends gave me stuff for the baby and I don't even put them away, my husband is the excited one and I wish to share his excitement but I just can't. What really scared me is that in my last ultrasound i did not want to even see the picture, my husband on the other side just framed it and couldn't stop telling everybody that we got a baby girl on the way.

stella_82

Asked by stella_82 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• TOTALLY normal, after all your hormones are all over the place!! Also even though there are wonderful things about being pregnant its hard to ignore the negative. Extreme water retention, feeling fat, tired, lose energy so much quicker. Its no wonder! I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few bursts of energy a couple of weeks before you go into labor!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 9:34 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It's normal. Your homones are going haywire. Talk to your husband about how you are feeling.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Check the web for pre-partum depression. It's not as well known as post-partum, but it does happen.

Good luck.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Its very normal. I cried every night for weeks and weeks. I was more scared than excited. I think it has to do with the unexpected and worrying about how life will change. The first few weeks after were tough for me. I was completely in love with my son, but found myself being jealous of those without kids since they could do what they wanted when they wanted to. It gets much better, I promise <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• aren't hormones fun? It'll get better, I promise!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:41 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's completely normal. Crazy hormones = crazy emotions. Just make sure it doesn't get any worse, especially after you have the baby. I'm sure everything will be fine just don't keep your feelings inside. Talking about the way you feel may make you feel better. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:10 AM on Mar. 25, 2011