Naturally ways to break your own water?

40 weeks, been having contractions for 12 days now every 2 mins. Dilated to a 3 and 50% effaced. No change for the last week. So what worked for you? I've literally tried everything.

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• What worked for me? TIME.

No guarantee that after your water breaks you'll be in hard labor. Relax, it'll happen. I KNOW how hard it is, that happened with my 3rd child, he was born without intervention on his own.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:43 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• At that point, my doctor just put me on pitocin and broke my water for me once I was about 8cm. I really have not heard of any natural ways to break the water yourself...to start labor, yes...but trying to break your water yourself just seems dangerous.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 9:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I got on my hands and knees and washed the floors. Mom and Gram said it worked for them. Worked for me to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Be patient. Breaking your own water would be dangerous and cause an infection . Let NAture take its course---don't interfere.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:45 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• You wait until your doctor tells you to come in because not everyone's water breaks on its own. Some people have very thick membranes.
    Anonymous

• You don't want your water to break. It cushions your baby during labor and make labor less painful. Just wait it out, you will not be pregnant forever.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:50 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Should have asked how to speed things up?
    sissy0604

Comment by sissy0604 (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• yeah i've heard you can eat grapes and drink a table spoon if castrol oil not sure though cus im only 15 weeks and 3 days along with my first but that's what i've heard
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 10:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Walking and having sex helps. It doesn't work miracles but it doesn't hurt either and both are good for you! lol Other than that there's nothing (safe) that will help jump start labor.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• They are not likely to let you go too much longer. I really have not heard of anything that works to speed things up. My advise rest and get thing in order cuz the next few weeks are going to be crazy.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 10:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011