Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Qualifications need to work in a home for disabled children

I am trying to get a job in a nursing home for diabled children and the lady i spoke to told me I needed a dsw certification but I can't remember what the arcronym stands for any of you know?


Answer Question

Asked by suhweetness at 9:44 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 16 (2,589 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • Differs from state to state.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • SW is social work. Perhaps she said BSW, or bachelor's of social work?

    Answer by rkoloms at 10:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • The two that I know of that might qualify in this situation would be a Doctor of Social Work or a Developemental Service Worker. Not sure if either of those would fit in this situation, but those are the only two that I know of that might work.

    Answer by layh41407 at 10:06 PM on Mar. 24, 2011


    DCW? It is Direct Care Worker. Here is a LINK.

    Answer by minnesotanice at 10:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • thanks minnesota...I finally found it

    Comment by suhweetness (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • If it is what I had to have to operate a home daycare, it is like a central clearance check that says you have never been charged/convicted of/counseled for child abuse or neglect, sex crimes, and other crimes I'm sure I am forgetting.

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:12 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.