Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7 Bumps

I hope you know better

Very sad story in the news today about a local mom & her 3 kids who just moved into a rental home that did not have the utilities turned on yet. Being too proud to impose on family (they had no idea the utilities werent on yet) she borrowed a generator from the landlord. The problem was, she had it running in the house & all 4 of them plus the family dog were overcome from carbon monoxide & they all perished. I just hope that if any of you have to use a generator, you will put it outside & spare your family. God bless!

 
mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 48 (281,323 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (21)
  • Thanks for the reminder. A lot of people don't realize this or just don't think about it. It's an important message to get out!
    Court128

    Answer by Court128 at 10:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • This is so very sad.
    amberdawnbarr

    Answer by amberdawnbarr at 9:55 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • Thats just terrible. How could ANYONE NOT know?? Whoever borrowed her the generator should have also told her to NOT run it inside. The problem with common sense is that IT IS NOT common.
    vbruno

    Answer by vbruno at 9:58 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • omg that is so sad!
    mamawilbur

    Answer by mamawilbur at 9:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • omg, thats terrible!
    2breath2live

    Answer by 2breath2live at 10:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • That's terrible!
    Sweet_Memoriez

    Answer by Sweet_Memoriez at 10:26 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • Oh how terrible, so sorry! God bless them.
    agentwanda

    Answer by agentwanda at 10:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • OMG, that is so sad. :'( But also hard to believe someone would not know to run it outside. You'd think she'd have been alerted by the toxic fumes long before it killed them all.
    judimary

    Answer by judimary at 10:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • That's so sad. She just didn't know and was trying to take care of her family. What a needless loss. thank you for trying to make sure people are educated about it.
    FluffyMamaBunny

    Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 10:36 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

  • Carbon Monoxide detectors are a must! My 1st cousin, his wife, and their 3 children all perished in their home one night due to c.m. poisioning.
    popzaroo

    Answer by popzaroo at 11:00 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN