Does the pain ever get easier? Mother's passing........

My mom passed away suddenly three months ago. We had no idea that this would happen. So we never got to say our goodbyes.. I want to know does this pain ever ease.. I can't go a day without thinking OMG she really passed away.. But I haven't had a chance to cry and cry. I'm still in the shock state.. How did you deal with the death of your mother?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:57 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I haven't lost my Mom, but Dad passed away a few months ago and I still feel like that. Still kind of in shock and can't quite believe it. I loved my Dad so very very much. I hold him close in my heart and have lots of photos of him around the house so it feels like he's still there, watching us. He adored his grandchildren too, so it's been tough on them as well. *hugs* They say time will make it hurt less. I hope so.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:59 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I haven't but I've buried a son a brother and many other family members. Time. The only thing that eases the pain is time. You are still very fresh in the grieving process. If you can't cry maybe you should look for someone to talk to. There is no raodmap for pain and grieving. Take on day at a time. If that's too much one hour, 5 minutes...you can do this..it just takes a while. I'm sorry for your loss.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i havent lost either of my parents...my hubs lost his mom in November and he still has a hard time with it...yesterday was her b-day and he was upset all day...understandably!
    krazi_beautyful

Answer by krazi_beautyful at 10:01 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• So sorry to hear about your loss. My mom's mom passed away about 20 years ago and I know that there are still times where she just sits and crys about it. She doesn't like to talk about it still to this day. I couldn't imagine the pain but I sure do hope that it eases for you. Talking to someone is a great idea, btw.
    Sweet_Memoriez

Answer by Sweet_Memoriez at 10:03 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My Mom died suddenly 3 years ago and the pain lessens, but every 3/11 I feel the loss a new. What kills me is having some great news and going for the phone only to remember she isnt there to call anymore.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• at times it gets easiser , i still cry , get upset , dont like life without my mom almost 7 years now , it does get better to handle and deal with as i know i will see her again , and she is around me , i can feel her around me.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 10:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• my mom passed away unexpectedly and it wasn't until 6 months after she died it really hit me hard....it has been 10 yrs and it has gotten better but there are those times where i would give both arms just to call her one last time or there are those times where I need her motherly advice and it's not there and then there are times where I get resentful because some woman have there moms well beyond the age I lost mine...people who have a good mom past the age of 30 or 40 need to be very grateful because some of us no longer have ours and we would give everything to have her back
    Anonymous

• OP HERE.

"My Mom died suddenly 3 years ago and the pain lessens, but every 3/11 I feel the loss a new. What kills me is having some great news and going for the phone only to remember she isnt there to call anymore."

That's exactly how I feel!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• The pain never goes away. The crying episodes become more spread out and eventually you might only cry a couple times a year. The smallest things can spark tears. But afterward it feels so good to get off your chest. Even years later you can still feel the same pain as the day she passed but that just shows how much you really love her.
    jenmerk

Answer by jenmerk at 10:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I'm so sorry.

I still have my mom but MIL lost her mom several years ago and she says the pain eases but never goes away because there is always something you want to tell your mom.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:15 PM on Mar. 24, 2011