What is your favorite book and what's it about?

mamawilbur

Asked by mamawilbur at 10:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Entertainment

• I'm Down by Mishna Wolff. It's a memoir about her childhood growing up in an all-black Seattle neighborhood with a white father who wanted to be black. It's funny and touching all in one
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Coldest Winter Ever.. About a girl who's father is making illegal money selling drugs and her mother becomes an addict off the drugs he's selling and getting rich from.. One day the house gets raided.. her parents go to jail.. her mother becomes a terrible drug addict and the daughter get put in foster care. It basically tells her story about her struggles growing up without a family and how she makes it back to the top on her own.. Its a great read, its urban fiction.. by sista souljah..
    MissLoveLyfe

Answer by MissLoveLyfe at 10:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• sounds like a really good book
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• that sounds really good to i'll have to check it out
    mamawilbur

Comment by mamawilbur (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• It is a series actually, called the Earth Children's Series by Jean M. Auel. The series includes "Clan of the Cavebear", "Valley of Horses", "Mammoth Hunters", "The Plains of Passage", "Shelter of Stone" and the last book in the series is being released this month.

It is about a woman named Ayla and set in cave man times. I have been reading and re-reading these books since I was a little girl.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My favorite book is actually a trilogy omnibus. The Crystal Singer Trilogy (Crystal Singer, Killashadra, Crystal Line) by Anne McCaffrey. They're fantasy novels and hard for me to give a SHORT synopsis of.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:11 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Here's a link to the book. I think the cover is something I will never forget lol

http://www.amazon.com/Im-Down-Memoir-Mishna-Wolff/dp/0312378556
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 10:12 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• love those books Elena. I have all but the newest that isn't out yet.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:13 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I just reread Elizabeth Berg's "What We Keep". and also "Say When". I just love her way with words.. so human, so real.. I wish that she would write more novels. I also like Louise Edrich. She's a great Ojibway novelist. My writing heroines! :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:20 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• My favorite is a trilogy. Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers. The narrative is centered on an ill-fated romance between a steadfast slave girl, Hadassah, and Marcus, the brother of her owner and a handsome aristocrat. After surviving the massacre of her family and the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, Hadassah is captured and sold to a well-to-do merchant’s family. Brought to Rome, she is pressed into service as a personal slave to hedonistic Julia Valerian. Hadassah struggles to walk in the footsteps of Jesus and to treat her masters in a manner in keeping with His teachings, but she is forced to keep her religious identity a secret in order to survive. Confused and alone, she has only her faith to cling to as she tries to subtly bring God into the lives of her captors.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:22 PM on Mar. 24, 2011