Why Won't My Son Nap Anymore?

My son is 9mths old and ever since we had to change the clocks due to daylight savings a few weeks ago, he hasn't been able to nap at the regular times he used to. He used to wake up around 7am then take a nap at 10 am, sleep for about an hr or two and then around 4-5pm he'd lay back down for another nap for about an hr. Then he'd go to bed around 8-9pm. Now he will usually take a morning nap around 10-11 am but can't get him to sleep more than 20min during his afternoon nap....help!??

HulleMama

Asked by HulleMama at 10:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for them to change sleep patterns. He knows what he needs. Go with it.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Some kids just wont nap, or they will not nape for months it seems then start up again. Its normal Momma
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:29 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Little ones have phases they go through. My son's usually lasted 3 days. Don't worry nap time will return :)
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:32 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• i have that prob with my son. unfourtally thers not much you can do exapt wade it out he may not need the second nap anymore for now .my son is 2 in a half and we still have probs during both time changes.
    on the other hand my daughergave her 2nd nap up too on this day light savings and she just turned 9 months a few days ago. maybe its the age!!!!!!!!
    kelleyann565

Answer by kelleyann565 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 24, 2011