Can I plan my own baby shower?

I was a little hesitant to keeping my baby. After seven months of saying I wanted to give it up for adoption, I just feel like I can't do it. So, I'd like to plan a baby shower more for my daughter to feel more included. Can I do this? I've never had one before so I don't know the rules.. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No one had mentioned to me that they had planned on doing a baby shower, and man did I really need the stuff!!

I mentioned it to a girl at work, how I was thinking about planning my shower, and she was outraged and demanded that I let her do it, lol.

You could try something sneaky like that.....but otherwise, no, I don't think its against the rules to do it yourself.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:51 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• I agree... but otherwise, I would do it too. Congrats on keeping your baby!!!!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:58 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• Sorry, but no. The idea behind a shower is for people to "shower" you and baby in their love and attention, gifts are a bonus. By hosting one for yourself, you're saying, "Look at me!" Not cool, and I think you're going to offend a LOT of people.

You can casually mention to people that you have a lot to buy and you're not sure how you're going to do it all...and other little comments. Hopefully, someone will decide to host one for you. If not, it sucks, but there are worse things that could happen!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2008