Anyone have self pay health insurance?

What kind is it? how much do you pay and what does it cover?

staciaw

Asked by staciaw at 10:52 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Health

• We have Golden Rule Through United Health care. We pay 600/month, that includes medical, dental, vision, and hospitalization. The deductible is 2500, and we pay 39.00/month for gap ins to pay the ded in case we're hospitalized. 35.00 copay for Dr, and it pays 100% for frames and lenses once a yr, and 100% for 6 month dental cleanings, and checkups.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have Aetna, which was the only company who didn't deny us. We're self employed with pre-existing conditions, and every other company refused to cover us. it's $482 a month for health insurance (no vision, dental, etc) with a $9000 deductible ($3000 per person, but my husband has his own deductible) and they are *supposed* to pay after that. My son was just in the hospital and I haven't yet seen how well they pay claims. Hopefully they will. There are no co-pays or breaks on routine care. We have to pay everything out of pocket before the deductible is met.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:47 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• We have Aetna as well, and pay $100 a month about. (also no vision or dental) We have a copay of $20 for urgent care and $10 for regular visits. The max amount aren't very much, can't remember the numbers but only in the thousands for doctor visits.

I used to have Blue Cross Blue shield through school that I paid $758 per semester for so $126 a month that was great, it paid for most of my medication which is $1300 a month and most of my specialtist appt. which are $300 a visit. I met the max out of pocket in late spring so they paid for everything this summer 100% which was nice, I graduated so it ended beginning of this month.

Unfortunately my new insurance won't pay for my medication costs.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 20, 2011