Am i setting myself up

last nite bf of 8 mo said he def loves me but he thinks i maybe in love more--is this leading to heartbreak? should i get out now to avoid or nurture more

bethany0199

Asked by bethany0199 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• My hubby and I seem to take turns with who loves who more... but I think you may be a bit more aggressive with your attention, maybe he is asking for some space? I dunno. good luck.
    Camilletnt

Answer by Camilletnt at 11:05 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• if you back off 'some'
    maybe he will not take your "more' love for granted
    consintrate on making yourself happy, and back off a bit
    make him see that you can be fine wihtout him
    he may then want you more

...i know, men are stupid this way (most not all) want a chase
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:07 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• I wouldn't put everything into him if I were you. Back off hang with friends. Your world don't have to revolve around him. If he's gonna come around he is if he isn't all the way in then maybe it's not for you. Good luck
    jfblaine83

Answer by jfblaine83 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Even if he thinks you love him more than he loves you, WHY WOULD HE SAY THAT?! It's the same as him saying he doesn't love you as much as you love him. Sounds like a heatbreaker to me.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 11:27 PM on Mar. 24, 2011

• Sometimes Love is a tricky thing and men's way of love is different from ours, all I can say is be careful and see where this relationship is going and if you really feel it's not going the way you want it to then you need to get out.
    You may be in love with him and he might just love you because your a nice person, a difference....don't put your feeling out there or you might get hurt.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 12:26 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• It's hard to say whether this is leading to heartbreak. I think in most relationships, once the initial rush of new love has past, there's always going to be one partner that loves the other a bit more at any given moment, and it switches back and forth between them. So it could be perfectly normal that he thinks you love him more, and maybe you do.

At the same time, the fact that he came out and said it to you tells me it could be that he's prepping you for the relationship to cool down, or possibly end. The difference in who loves who more isn't something that usually gets discussed.

Although I agree with the other ladies about backing off a bit and protecting your feelings, I also think it wouldn't hurt to ask him why he said that, and maybe ask him how he's feeling about the relationship. His reaction should tell you quite a bit about his feelings and what you might need to get ready for.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:05 AM on Mar. 25, 2011

• Sounds like he's backing out of the relationship. I would prepare myself for a loss if I were you. Sorry, Mama.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:28 PM on Mar. 25, 2011