Home school help needed!

I've been doing really well teaching all the basics of ABC's, 123's, colors, shapes, writing, etc., but my daughter turns 5 in August, just after the cutoff for Kindergarten in our district, so I'm working on making some kind of lesson plans to follow starting this summer. My son's Kindergarten teacher has agreed to help me with the curriculum that she's used this last year, but she's busy and I don't want to ask too much of her, so I need some help here. I'm using www.enchantedlearning.com, but I'm having a hard time knowing where to start. She can count to twenty, she recognizes almost all to twenty, she knows all her letters, still mixes up M, N, and W sometimes.... she can spell and write her whole name, and she catches on to things so well! If you can recommend a homeschool network, or just a few websites or something that could offer me some more solid direction, I would be so appreciative!! Thanks in advance! :) SAHM of 4!!

KariLyn84

Asked by KariLyn84 at 11:10 PM on Mar. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In kindergarten, most districts work on things like days of the week, months of the year, counting by 2s, 5s, and 10s, studying different holidays, the concepts of addition and subtraction, plant life cycles, letter sounds (and sounding out words), developing a list of sight words, blends, recognizing and writing numbers, understanding the relationship between ones, tens, and hundreds, identifying coins and their values, time to the quarter hour, and community and family (i.e. jobs, family member roles, neighbors, etc).

If you go to your state website and department of education, you can view what the curriculum requirements are for your state, too.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:53 PM on Apr. 9, 2011

• Come visit our group," Homemaking, Homesteading and Homeschooling". There are plenty of moms there who can offer wonderful advice for you.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 12:58 AM on Mar. 25, 2011